CXK is delighted to be recruiting a talented and experienced Engagement and Support Worker to deliver 121 and group support to unemployed and economically inactive individuals across Kent.
As Engagement and Support Worker, you will be responsible for designing and delivering engaging sessions, including accredited / non-accredited support programmes, for unemployed young people and adults; promoting work readiness and a range of life skills. You will liaise with a wide range of employers, training providers and stakeholders to ensure beneficiaries are offered work placements and other engagement opportunities.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will provide bespoke and tailored mentoring to our beneficiaries and facilitate referrals to CXK projects, undertake assessments of need and skills, review progress and undertake ongoing tracking and support.
- You have experience of successfully working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds and needs.
- You have some knowledge of local agencies and support organisations that could support CXK services
- You can demonstrate a good understanding of the factors that affect young people and adults and have experience of supporting them to overcome barriers.
- You are able to to build effective and professional working relationships with young people, adults and partner agencies.
- You are confident and passionate about inspiring people.
- You have proven experience in carrying out administrative duties and meeting deadlines.
- You are highly organised and efficient, with exceptional interpersonal skills
- An excellent communicator – both written and verbal.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Internet, and social networking sites.
- Flexible and adaptable, with ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- You have Maths and English GCSE grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- Relevant qualifications (to a minimum of Level 3) in training, youth and/or community, IAG, youth work, assessing or equivalent experience is desirable, but not essential.
- You must hold a full, clean driving licence, have use of a vehicle, and be prepared to travel across Kent.
CXK is a leading charity that empowers young people and adults to build the skills and confidence they need to move into sustainable education, employment, or training. Each year we make a difference to more than 300,000 people across the South of England.
- Deliver appropriate information, advice, and guidance, and mentoring to unemployed young people and adults that enables development of their personal, social and employability skills. You will develop SMART action / learning plans with beneficiaries, reviewing progress, and undertaking tracking and ongoing support as needed.
- To work creatively and in a person-centred way, in a group or 121 setting, to deliver mentoring and training sessions, including unaccredited / accredited learning and workshops (face-to-face and online).
- Identify the additional support needs of young people and adults and work with appropriate providers to ensure this is available to them.
- Support work placements and other community opportunities and be confident working in detached and outreach settings.
- Maintain a high awareness of safeguarding and safe working practice and be able to assess for risk.
- Work with employers, colleges, training providers and a range of stakeholders to build links and create opportunities for people to gain experience in employment, education, and training.
- Actively recruit people onto CXK provision, maintaining positive links with referral organisations and other agencies that offer work and support.
- Support people into a positive destination (employment, education, training, traineeships, or apprenticeships) and provide mentoring to support application, interview and the sustainment of this outcome.
- Be responsible for designing and reviewing a range of resources and interventions to support work readiness and development of life skills.
Please click here for the full job description and person specification.
In return for your skills and experience, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- An annual salary of £23,185 – £28,267 (pro rata if part-time)
- 28-31 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Defined contribution pension scheme (matched by CXK up to 10% depending on length of service)
- Death in service life assurance policy (3 x annual salary)
- Flexible working
- Generous sick leave benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training and development programmes
- Mental health first aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Interest free parking permit loans
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance programme
To apply for this role all you need to do is download, complete and upload the CXK application form. Please note that CVs alone will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 20th December 2021
**Please note that we reserve the right close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as soon as possible**