CXK has recently been successful in winning the European Social Fund (ESF) NEET Support Service contract worth £2m, and therefore we are delighted to be recruiting a talented and experienced Regional Manager to lead the delivery of the service across the south-east. This is an exciting new role that will enable you to really make a difference to young people across the south-east.
As Regional Manager, you will be responsible for the operational leadership of CXK’s project for young people who are NEET (not in education, employment or training) – managing a diverse range of subcontractors across the south-east to ensure that evidence compliance and contractual targets are met, and that a range of accredited and non-accredited training is successfully undertaken by participants to a high standard.
Work closely with the Assistant Director, you will maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders across the area, representing CXK at strategic level meetings as required, including maintaining an effective and practice relationship with the Education Skills Funding Agency and all of the Local Authority areas involved in the project.
This role will be primarily home-based, with presence at Ashford Head Office required 4 days per month, as a minimum.
- You will have experience of overseeing employability provision and ideally have experience of managing ESF (European Social Fund) contracts, although this is not essential.
- As an experienced people manager, you will be an inspirational leader with experience leading teams to deliver operational excellence across a number of KPIs.
- You are able to demonstrate skills and experience in relation to managing or co-ordinating training provision, accredited & non accredited learning, and high-quality teaching learning and assessment
- You have experience of overseeing the quality assurance of education or training activities.
- You are a passionate self-starter who can work effectively across a large geography
- You have a good working knowledge of the local skills landscape
- You enjoy working with people, driving performance and ultimately delivering the highest level of service for our beneficiaries, whilst meeting contract demands.
- You are qualified to A-Level standard, or equivalent, at minimum.
- An ILM qualification Level 4 and/or a Level 4 professional qualification in a related discipline e.g. Careers Guidance, Teaching, Education, Welfare is desirable, but not essential.
- You must hold a full, clean driving licence, have use of a vehicle, and be prepared to travel across the south-east and, occasionally, nationally.
CXK is a leading charity that empowers young people and adults to build the skills and confidence they need to move into sustainable education, employment or training. Each year we make a difference to more than 300,000 people across the South of England.
The NEET Support Service is bespoke training programme to engage and support NEET (not in education, employment or training) 16-24 year olds in Kent and Medway, East Sussex, Essex, Thurrock and Southend. Funded by the ESF (European Social Fund), the programme is designed to support their personal development and/or to help in preparing them to move on to an apprenticeship, traineeship, further education, or work.
- To drive high quality delivery across the supply chain, meeting Ofsted requirements, including collection of appropriate QA information, and completing appropriate activities as part of CXK’s Quality Cycle.
- Managing a range of sub-contractors across the South-East to ensure all performance, compliance and quality targets are met.
- To drive performance across the supply chain through the rigorous and regular collation and review of data and evidence.
- Work closely with the Area Manager for Compliance and the Compliance team to direct and support the compliance process associated with all delivery for the service.
- Build links with local employers to develop on-going relationships and opportunities for CXK.
- Ensure that financial claims and payments to sub-contractors align with and fully reflect ESFA funding rules for ESF delivery of accredited and non-accredited learning provision.
- Understand local and regional plans and priorities for skills development and employment opportunities and ensure the contract delivery aligns to this.
- Oversee the setting up and maintaining of efficient working arrangements and relationships with other key stakeholders and partnerships, relevant to the delivery of the service.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director, to attend ESFA contract review meetings, provide progress reports and updates as required in line with KPIs.
- To attend a range of stakeholder network meetings across the South East to promote the programme and build effective partnerships.
- Coach and support your team in their personal development to support their improvement as individuals, and the quality of the service as a whole.
Please click here for the full job description and person specification.
In return for your skills and experience, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- An annual salary of £39,593 – £45,483
- 28-31 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Defined contribution pension scheme (matched by CXK up to 10% depending on length of service)
- Death in service life assurance policy (3 x annual salary)
- Flexible working
- Generous sick leave benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training and development programmes
- Mental health first aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Interest free parking permit loans
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance programme
To apply for this role all you need to do is download, complete and upload the CXK application form. Please note that CVs alone will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 20th December 2021
**Please note that we reserve the right close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as soon as possible**