Join the Youth Action Group at CXK
As a charity which focuses on inspiring people to thrive we think it only right that everyone who works with us has a say in how we do that. So, we created the CXK Youth Action Group – a platform for 13-24 year olds to influence decisions and represent the voice of young people across the south-east.
A large part of what CXK does is based around offering opportunities, support and guidance to young people; that’s why we need a Youth Action Group to keep us focused on the youth voice and ensure that we are heading in the right direction.
The purpose of the Group is to provide a young person’s view on the many different matters that CXK is involved in. The views of the Youth Action Group members are put forward to the main Board of Trustees to help make decisions and influence the work of CXK.
- Participate in the planning and running of a charity
- Gain valuable experience for your CV or UCAS form
- Build your confidence
- Meet new people
- Have your voice heard
- Give back to your community
- Benefit from training and mentoring
- Develop new contacts and friends
- Create new life and career opportunities
- Receive a professional reference from CXK
Meetings are scheduled every other month around young people: evenings and weekends and a mixture of venues where possible.
To find out more about the Youth Action Group, or if you’re interested in joining, then get in touch!