Build The Future #NAW21
- National Apprenticeship Week 2021 will take place from 8 to 14 February 2021
- The annual week-long celebration of apprenticeships will shine a light on the amazing work being done by employers and apprentices across the country
- The week will also recognise how employers of all sizes have stepped up to the challenge during this unprecedented time.
The annual week-long celebration of apprenticeships, taking place across England, will showcase how apprenticeships have helped employers and people of all ages and backgrounds. Employers are encouraged to promote the great work of their apprentices, whilst highlighting the many benefits apprenticeships bring to their business. Apprentices, at all stages of their learning will also be celebrated over the course of National Apprenticeship Week 2021.
Throughout the week, there will be various activities available for you to engage with, these include:
- Sector specific talks from apprentices – listen to the experiences of apprentices across the south and ask those burning questions
- Higher and Degree Apprenticeship routes – sessions delivered by ASK staff to students, teacher, parents, and carer
- Teacher and staff CPD events
- Tea and Talk with apprentices and employers
- Parents Q&A sessions on Apprenticeships
- Links through to local radio panels
- Employers showcasing apprentice opportunities
- Opportunities to join the YAAN/AAN network activities
- Live ASK activities
- Wellbeing and healthy mind sessions
- Access to National Careers Service (NCS) Advisers
- Live and recorded vlogs on careers and particularly apprenticeships
- Case study talks on apprenticeship experiences
- Online surveys and quizzes
- Apprenticeship graduation events – past and present
- Apprenticeship Awards celebrations and live events
Events Happening Across South Region for National Apprenticeship Week 2021
To find out about, and keep up-to-date with events, activities, and campaigns happening across the ASK South Region for National Apprenticeships Week 2021, view the calendar of events here.
To register an event you’re hosting, please submit all details here: https://surveys.cxk.org/s/2AOL03/
Monday 8th Launch Day – It’s really important we start the week with a burst of positivity for apprenticeships and get #NAW2021 trending across the country again! We will also use the day to focus on how apprenticeships launch and develop careers.
Tuesday 9th #AskAnEmployer Employers – Encourage your followers to ask their apprenticeships questions using #AskAnEmployer – be on hand to answer about how apprenticeships have helped your organisation train, retain and achieve.
Wednesday 10th #AskAnApprentice – Encourage aspiring apprentices, their parents and carers and employers to ask you questions about your apprenticeship using the hashtag #AskAnApprentice, be online to respond and explain how apprenticeships can build the future.
Thursday 11th Thank You Thursday – Take the opportunity to thank the people who have helped you develop along the way. Employers, apprentices, training providers, end point assessment organisations, parents and carers, your mentor…
Friday 12th Graduation Day – Host a virtual graduation ceremony to mark your apprentices’ achievements and progression.
Saturday 13th Parents & Carers Day – Host a virtual to inform parents and carers about the benefits of apprenticeships, and how they might be the perfect route for their child to build their future.
Sunday 14th I LOVE APPRENTICESHIPS – Show your love for apprenticeships. On Valentine’s Day we would like to focus on what makes apprenticeships, and National Apprenticeship Week great. What do you love about employing apprentices or being an apprentice? Create a social video, blog or social media post to share your thoughts. #NAW2021 #BuildTheFuture
Free NAW21 Resources
- Apprenticeship activity pack
- One page summary for teachers
- Subject snapshots & posters
- New apprenticeship quizzes