It’s Time to Talk 04th February 2021
1 in 4 us of us will experience a mental health problem in any given year.
At CXK we’re celebrating Time to Talk day by launching our ‘It’s Time to Talk Challenge’. The challenge encourages our team to think about the ways that they interact with their colleagues and teams, especially during these difficult times, encouraging everyone to come up with fresh new ideas to help support and listen to each other.
A small conversation about mental health has the power to make a big difference.
Future plans for team interactions include:
- Virtual sessions during lunch breaks where staff can sit and take some time out, have some fun and talk!
- Making sure we have ice breakers as a start your team meetings, and incorporating time for a chat and check-in?
- Making a conscious effort to spend 10 minutes of our day calling someone instead of an email or text?
- In a 1-2-1 session, putting some time aside to have a chat about how we are actually feeling. Have a cuppa together and really talk to each other.
- Setting up virtual groups in our spare time – for example, a virtual book club or pub quiz.
- For those looking to get healthier – sharing recipes and exercise ideas with colleagues virtually. Perhaps a virtual cook-a-long or a weekly session to share progress and tips; or the setting up of a Strava group to share your exercising achievements with like-minded budding athletes.
We’ll be sharing details of the ideas and initiatives of our team members on social media, so make sure you follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
Time to Talk Day 2021 takes place on Thursday 4 February – join us to start conversations about mental health and help end the stigma.