Find out more about our Work in Custody
Tel: 01233 224244
CXK provides a resettlement service for Cookham Wood Young Offender Institute; supporting young people to strengthen relationships with family and visitors. The service involves:
- Managing the Visitors Centre in line with security procedures.
- Supporting the young people to build positive relationships with families and visitors through a programme of themed work.
- Signposting families and visitors to services that can provide support
- Preparing young people for visits
- Providing a link between young people and their families / visitors in-between visits.
- Providing a support service for families and visitors in relation to supporting young people post-release.
- Working with young people to support their preparation for and ability to gain Release on Temporary Licence (ROTL)
- Working with young people during their early ROTL activities, using the Visitor’s Centre to deliver basic life-skills such as planning, budgeting, shopping, cooking and healthy eating.
- Support young people on ROTL to have additional visits at the Visitor’s Centre to cook and eat with visitors and families.
- Building relationships with families
- Building strength and resilience
- Ensuring a Family approach
- Wrap-around and support services for families and young people