We offer a range of work experience opportunities for individuals looking to gain valuable skills and experience, in a supportive environment.
Our work experience opportunities are designed to provide hands-on learning experiences that will give you a taste of the workplace, as well as helping you develop transferable skills such as communication, problem-solving, teamwork and time management.
We offer a variety of work experience opportunities across different areas of our organisation, including Marketing, Finance, HR, Compliance, and in our Contact Centre. At CXK, we believe in investing in our work experience participants, and we offer support and mentoring to ensure you get the most out of your placement. So, if you’re looking to gain valuable experience and make a real impact, we invite you to explore our work experience opportunities and join our team.
Finance Work Experience
Working at our Ashford Head Office, you will provide assistance to the Finance team, including:
- General office duties
- Filing – physical/online
- Management of incoming/outgoing post
- Answering calls
- Shadowing of Finance team members
Work experience within the Finance team would typically suit individuals with an interest in finance and accounting and who possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Marketing Work Experience
Working at our Ashford Head Office, you will provide assistance to the Marketing team, including:
- Monitoring of email inboxes
- Design of artwork
- Creation and distribution of email marketing
- Management of social media accounts
- Creating and uploading website content
- Shadowing of Marketing team members
Experience in this area could be beneficial for individuals who are creative, analytical and excellent communicators.
HR Work Experience
Working at our Ashford Head Office, you will provide administration support for all HR matters including:
- Creation of offer packs, contracts of employment and leaver letters
- Administration of all new starter paperwork, including pre-employment checks and references
- Assisting with general copying, filing and archiving of documents as required
HR requires a high level of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism. A work experience placement within the HR team would suit individuals with a strong sense of ethics and responsibility, good organisational skills, and who enjoy working with people.
Compliance Work Experience
Working at our Ashford Head Office, you will provide assistance to the compliance team, including experience of:
- Compliance monitoring
- Risk assessments
- Reporting and documentation
- Data input
- Data quality
A work experience placement in the Compliance team could be beneficial for individuals who have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail, and good communication abilities.
Contact Centre Work Experience
Working at our Ashford Head Office, you will provide assistance to the Contact Centre team, including experience of:
- Phoning and emailing customers
- Customer service skills
- Monitoring and using email for team and customer communications
- Using a customer database for gathering information and data entry
- Booking and changing appointments
- Shadowing careers advisors and use of webchat and calls to support customers
A work experience placement within the Contact Centre team would suit individuals who are organised, with good communication skills, and who enjoy working with people.
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of our Work Experience opportunities, we would love to hear from you! To request a work experience placement, email HumanResources@cxk.org